October 10 - Two little boys
These two are going to be the best of friends!
Ben makes me smile. He put on his new fall jacket and got into his Spider Man pose for pictures.
James is a happy, happy little boy. He is 9 1/2 months old. I never see him without a smile on his face. Audrey is just so lucky to have this little bundle of joy. And then.... James is so lucky to have the mommy he does! I've been trying to convince Audrey that James needs a hair cut, as cute as his curls are, but without any luck.
October 15 - Hogle Zoo
My favorite spot to visit is Rocky Shores, and the Polar Bear is my favorite animal to watch.
October 16 - An Adventure
I bought an Adventure Book from Seagull Book. I was thinking of the grandkiddos and our day adventures when I bought it. It is full of all kinds of nature activities to do with children. Today, we went on an adventure outside using compasses to get from place to place. No need for a map today!
October 24 - 25 - Trip to Price
Amie showed me how to "get your clean on with Norwex" today. Her stove and oven were shiny clean in no time at all.
Amie, Nicole, Morgann, Tera, Tianna, and Savanna spent the afternoon carving Jack-o-lanterns. Do their facial expressions represent their pumpkin faces? That was the point!
I hadn't been to Steven's grave since his burial. Oh... so hard. I miss him terribly. I love him and think about him every single day. But even in my deepest sorrow, I am comforted knowing and having faith in the plan of salvation, the Lord's love for Steven, and the assurance that I will be with my son again. Steve's death has particularly been hard on me. I wonder, at times, if I could have done more to help curb the tide of his untimely death. But then... that sweet, small voice whispers in my ear... "peace, be still." The Lord has taken all our affirmatives, great and small, upon himself so we don't have to. He knew Steve's pain. He knew his suffering. He loves him and will heal him. I am so grateful.
I do like where he is buried, unlike Shaniel's final resting spot. The Cleveland cemetery is beautiful and peaceful. I wish she were here with him.
October 28 - Pumpkin Walk
Ben attends the most awesome preschool ever! Smarty Pants Preschool. His teachers are very nurturing and creative. They put a lot of effort into the program. The children carved Jack-o-lanterns at school and then children, parents, and grandparents were treated to a pumpkin walk and treats in the early evening. So fun!
October 29 - Fall Concert
Tonight's concert was especially fun. The school orchestra performed, with enthusiasm, to different theme songs such as Indiana Jones, Jaws, Star Wars, etc. Makaela designed and made her costume. She makes a delightful "Alice in Wonderland", don't you think!
October 30 - Halloween
I think Shaniel would be happy knowing I am starting to like Halloween again! A little more subdued, of course. It's just so much fun watching the littlest of the grandkiddos get so excited about dressing up and filling their bags with loot.
Audrey and I made lunch consisting of a Mummy Pizza Assembly Line, Jack-o-lantern Scared Face, and Worm Infested Goblins Blood. The kids loved it, and so did we!
One Big Apple!
Our apples were monsters this year! The Gala apple above sits almost a full inch higher than the 4 inch wooden bowl. One slice out of it was more than enough to eat in one sitting.
Month in Review
October Birthdays
Ben started October's birthdays on the 4th. He turned 5 years old. Morgann turned "sweet sixteen" this year on the 9th. Savanna turned 12 years old on October 30.








1 comment:
I do everything from my iPhone and unfortunately you have black text on a black background so I couldn't read it. The pictures were super cute.
Post a Comment