Trying to find purple anything has been extremely difficult, but today... finally, I hit the jackpot! Gardener's Quilting shop just got a line of beautiful purples and greens fabric in. Kelsey, along with Jinny and Heather (quilt shop gals), helped me design a combination of the fabrics to make a beautiful throw for my bed. Coordinating fabrics were picked out for pillows and to recover an accent chair. And then it just happened that Jinny was starting a beginners quilt piecing class tonight and invited me to come. So I did. I got all my quilt blocks cut out and have my strips ready to sew. Monday I will go back to class and work some more. I am very excited and can't wait to see it all put together.
Thursday, April 28, 2011
Quilting Class
My bedroom colors are hard. Touch of gray (lt.purple) is the main color and dark purple is on the fireplace wall. I thought I would surprise Dave because purple is his favorite color. When he came home for his R&R, he was surprised all right! He said "that's a lot of purple!" We decided the sitting room needs to be a different color.... green (just like I originally planned, but changed my mind at the last minute).
Trying to find purple anything has been extremely difficult, but today... finally, I hit the jackpot! Gardener's Quilting shop just got a line of beautiful purples and greens fabric in. Kelsey, along with Jinny and Heather (quilt shop gals), helped me design a combination of the fabrics to make a beautiful throw for my bed. Coordinating fabrics were picked out for pillows and to recover an accent chair. And then it just happened that Jinny was starting a beginners quilt piecing class tonight and invited me to come. So I did. I got all my quilt blocks cut out and have my strips ready to sew. Monday I will go back to class and work some more. I am very excited and can't wait to see it all put together.
Trying to find purple anything has been extremely difficult, but today... finally, I hit the jackpot! Gardener's Quilting shop just got a line of beautiful purples and greens fabric in. Kelsey, along with Jinny and Heather (quilt shop gals), helped me design a combination of the fabrics to make a beautiful throw for my bed. Coordinating fabrics were picked out for pillows and to recover an accent chair. And then it just happened that Jinny was starting a beginners quilt piecing class tonight and invited me to come. So I did. I got all my quilt blocks cut out and have my strips ready to sew. Monday I will go back to class and work some more. I am very excited and can't wait to see it all put together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that looks very pretty. Linda Johnson has a quilting machine and quilts professionally if you want someone to quilt it for you.
Post a Comment